My sweet Hannah has come home from school the last THREE days in a row and begged me to let her go swimming! Listen sweetie, just because the air is 60' doesn't mean the pool water is too! Brrrrrr!
I finally had to pull out the comment my parents used on me when I got spring fever early:
"You can wear shorts and swim when all of the snow is melted off the mountains."
That was torture to me when I was a kid. We all know that there is snow on the peaks well into June. It only took me one summer of waiting and watching to figure that out. Luckily, Hannah isn't aware of the melting pattern, so it has bought me some time. My parents never made me wait until all the snow was actually off the peaks, but it was always late-April, early-May before my white legs saw any sun!
Hopefully I won't hear any more about it from Hannah until at least mid-April.
4 comments:
Ok so I seen the headline and the picture on this blog and totally thought you had actually opened the pool and let the kids swim.
I was thinking...Shes Crazy!
Poor Hannah!
hang in there girl!
haha.
I seriously thought they went swimming too - BRRR. Well I think we all have spring fever - but hey summer will be here before we know it and they can swim, swim, swim :)
How funny.... my parents use to say the same thing to me growing up !!!! I wanted my Dad to open the pool as soon as the weather was a little warm !!!!! It is coming SOON !!! ( I still look at the mountains and tell Kennedy that it is still to early because there is snow on the mountains ;) )
I'm with her! I am so ready for the summer so that we can play. Tell her to hang in there, it's only for alittle while longer.
Post a Comment