Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A New Day

Strange. This is the sunrise the morning after my Dad's death. I grabbed my camera and took a picture because I was so amazed that the sun actually came up. How could there be a new day without my Dad?

There is a heavy weight on my chest all the time now. Every now and then I take a deep breath thinking I can make it lighter. It doesn't work. 

I know that we can push through this, but I also know that nothing will ever be the same. Cayden told me the other night, "It just feels like something is missing all the time now." Sorrow is a painful, constant emotion. 

Things that this experience has taught me: Love stronger and deeper; Be a better friend; Serve others; The power of prayer; Be a better listener; Family first, always; Count your blessings; Tell people OUT LOUD how important they are to you!

Thank you all for your love, support, cards, gifts, meals, acts of kindness, and for just being there for our family. We love and appreciate all of you!

5 comments:

Angie said...

You and your family are amazing. My family always says a little prayer for you each night during our family prayer. We love you all so much, we are here for you anytime!

Kady said...

Just thinking of you. My mom still can't get over how many people were at the services. A testament to his loving legacy.

Colette said...

Just always remember that he will always be with you!!!! And if there is ANYTHING that we can do please just let us know, you always need to have good neighbors!!!!!!!! Stay strong :)

*Mary* said...

I am going to have to stop reading your blog. You make me cry every time. That picture was so pretty. I hope you and your family are doing good and that things are getting easier. You guys are in our prayers and it's just so comforting to know that he will be your dad for eternity. Let me know if there's anything that I can do.

Jim's Photo Blog said...

Holly,
Time will heal.... somewhat. My hope is that you can look to your childrens DAD to help fill that gaping hole your love for your father has left. Jason is an incredible man. I know my relationship with him is not in the hole circle. But he has great character, extremely caring and giving, compassionate and very hard working. How you build your relationship from here with him will give you more to be proud of when you see your father again. Besides a daughters love for her father can never be replaced. But it can be added upon, and upon, and upon.... God bless you Jason and Holly.