Friday, January 2, 2009

Time To Hit The Slopes

Today was the first day we have gone skiing this winter. We had to dig through the cedar chest to find all of the appropriate attire. Then, off we headed to hit the slopes!
Poor Cayden is really a snowboarder. But, we got to the mountain so late that the rental place ran out of snowboards. Cayden had to use skis. I didn't think he'd survive the initial shock, but he skied well!
The crowd got crazy about 12:00. The lift lines were too long! We only stayed on the "baby" hill since this was the first time of the season for the kids.
In this picture, it is kind of hard to notice, but there is a battle wound above Hannah's right eye. On our way into the rental shop, a teenager holding his snowboard swung around and hit Hannah right in the face. I didn't see it happen even though I was holding her hand at the time. She just started silently tugging on my arm. When I looked down, she was quietly crying and told me what happened. I was going to walk over and show the kid her eye, but she didn't want me to be mad at him because "he didn't do it on purpose." She's a sweet angel!
The kids and I had a lot of fun. We are going to try to go skiing once a week, after school.

 I am going to go to a local rental shop and rent all their gear for the season that we can keep at our house. Trying to get it all done when we get to the ski resort is too hectic. Cayden would like to be guaranteed a snowboard! I wont buy them their own gear since their feet change a whole size every two months!

4 comments:

@lex said...

Fun Fun FUN !!!!Poor Hannah!!!

*Mary* said...

Looks fun. Too bad Hannah got bumped. Where did you guys go?

Robyn said...

Hey Holly1 It looks like you all had fun. We all love skiing in fact we took Addi skiing the Saturday after Christmas. My father in-law is on the ski patrol at wolf mountain so we go skiing as much as we can. I'm glad I found your blog!

The Smith crew said...

How fun! I'm jealous. We got a couple of day passes for the kids, but with a new baby at home; I can't go-Waa!