It is so clear to me now. Why I didn't acknowledge it earlier is anyone's guess. I suppose it's because I knew I'd never be able to keep up with the competition. I don't enjoy the same things he does. I like to sleep in. I like (love) coke. I enjoy the quiet afternoons spent lounging in my sweats. These are all things that throw me out of the running with his new love. Because, after all, it is his love of Running that has beat me!
I am not sad that he enjoys his new passion, only a little disheartened that I know that I can't keep up. My body just doesn't go the distance. I can handle myself for about 1 mile, then I walk. This would be no way to keep up in a 5K, 10K, or even a marathon.
I am a little jealous of his new love, but I need to acknowledge that I have limitations. Running more that a mile is my limitation. Who knows, maybe with a year of hard work, I will be able to at least run a 5K with him. We can all hope and wish, right?
4 comments:
Trade you. My Sweetie has always had a special place in his heart for Dite Coke! I honestly think if I made him choose, I might be replaced with a vending machine. :)
Well at least I'm not the only one! I am a single mom every weekend, because he's out running in the Strider's Circuit. I think we should train for one of the races and do it with them!! Think about it and let me know!!
A family of runners! So fun ... I loved the pictures from your 'Family 5K' last summer ... so cute! I'm attempting to run one in May, we'll see how that goes ...
I feel your pain. I've even started running because he loves it so much, I figured I was missing out on something. Kirt can run 4 miles like nobody's business and I've been stuck at 1.6 for longer than I'd like to admit.
Post a Comment