
My sweet friend, Audrey Chugg, has worked hard these last two weeks teaching me. We have picked green beans from her garden every third day, which takes at least an hour, even with both of us picking! Then, we snap them. We have enlisted our children in this task, but even with all seven of them helping it still takes quite awhile! Yes, this is tons of work--not to mention the number of spiders I've run across.

She has taught me how to pressure can them. The first time, I was very nervous about the pressure canner, but I'm learning how to use it a little more each time. Who knew that this could be so much fun!

We have also canned apricot jam. It was so simple that I even came home and made apricot/pineapple freezer jam on my own! Jason laughs at me and my new found hobby but I know he really likes that I'm "learning my way around the kitchen".
I think it feels so satisfying to look at the canned food on the counter and know that I did it! I hope it tastes as good as it looks!
Next up: corn, spaghetti sauce, and salsa!
There's no stopping the madness!
2 comments:
I'm so proud of you. I love to can too. I know what you mean when you have that great sense of accomplishment. You'll have to let me know how your salsa turns out. I would like to do salsa too.
SOunds yummy!! Try green beans on the grill- They are delicious!! Just put them on foil- sprinkle olive oil- salt-pepper and cook for about 5 min. SOOOO good!!!!
Post a Comment