Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Seasons Change



Fall is coming. I smell it in the air. I see it on my yellowing trees and my reddened bushes. There is no escaping the change. It's natural. Fall brings new things: ghosts and goblins, pumpkins, and turkey dinners.

This fall is different than last. I greet it with excitement and sadness. Dad isn't here to give glow sticks to the kids. He loved to find big cherry wax lips for the kids. He loved to see them in their costumes and to handout candy to the neighbors. He loved to bake homemade rolls, pies, stuffing, and juicy Turkeys.

I have all of his recipes. It doesn't taste the same when I make them.

This year, we are headed to Vegas for Thanksgiving. Out with the "traditional" dinner that we've done my whole life; In with the change. My Mom's onboard with us. We are cruising the Vegas Boulevard in hopes of finding something new.

Here's to fall, change, and lasting family memories.

2 comments:

Sierra said...

Good for you! You have to make a new "normal" for yourselves and I think Vegas is going to be so much fun! I am kind of jealous!

*Mary* said...

Vegas will be so much fun for you guys!! Have a blast!!!