Sunday, February 14, 2010

Funnest Valentine's Weekend, Ever!

Us and three other couples went to our house in Myrtle Beach this weekend to run a 5K.
We all beat our record times, despite the weather.

These are our friends, Travis and Sierra, after the race in the snow storm! It was so cold!

These friends are Charley and Mary. Mary beat all of us girls in the 5K. She rocked!

These are our friends, Dirk and Misty. This was Misty's first 5K. She did awesome! Dirk, of course, won the men. He ran it in 19:31. Again, super great considering the weather!

Yes, you see a snowman AND a palm tree. These things do not go together. It was the first time it snowed in Myrtle Beach in 10 years! Our neighbors said we brought it with us from Utah!

Snow!

We were still able to run on the beach, though, it was FREEZING!





Mary and Charley kicked our butts at bowling.

Travis and Sierra show'n Love!

A little fun at the Loco Burro (a yummy Mexican restaurant in MB).


We told the waitress it was Travis' birthday while he was in the restroom. He was so red faced when she sang to him! Funny, since his birthday is in December.

Jason and Dirk sharing some dessert. They love each other!

Me and Jas getting groovy on the dance floor!

Mary and Charley danced the whole time. They have some moves!

So does Misty! Her and Dirk were hilarious!

A few dummies decided to take a dip in the ocean at 2:00 A.M.!
Dirk was showing what he's made of before we left. Notice there isn't one ounce of fat on him to protect him in the 25' weather! They're all CRAZY!

Tell me that he doesn't look freezing! There was no way I was going to try that!

Overall, this was one of the top trips I've ever taken! We had lots of fun and laughs!
Thanks guys!

5 comments:

Sierra said...

One of our funnest trips EVER! Can't wait to do it again! Thanks for inviting us! Remember 2 live it up so we have lots of new stories to tell next year!

*Mary* said...

I am still laughing!! In fact just viewing the pictures I am laughing so hard that I am crying. It was a BLAST!! Thanks so much for having us. I can't wait to do it again next year and have even BETTER stories to share. :)

Dirk and Misty Dube said...

This vacation is for sure on the top of the list! Thank you guys so much for taking us to your beautiful home! Dirk and I are keeping in mind that we need to do something wild and crazy to have stories to share next time! Thanks again, we are so grateful and happy to have you guys as friends!

The Smith crew said...

Snow-Wow!I can't believe it. What a fun V-day.

Bryon said...

I think I've come back 10 times to look at Jason's face on the dance floor. I would make it my screensaver but I would not get anything done