Tuesday, July 27, 2010

5K's and a Half

23 of July.

A Saturday morning.

Up at 5 A.M. to do scout flags, then off to Bountiful for a race.

Can't you just see the excitement in their faces as the sun is beginning to peek over the mountains?


6:20 A.M. We have arrived and are ready to run. Look at Taylor's face... pure competition .

Align Center
Cayden rocked his 5K with a 23 minute finish.
(Hannah was the finish line photog)

Hannah missed Taylor at the finish, so she caught up with him at the drink station.

This is me jogging in. I walked the whole last 1.5 miles! Can we say, "Out of shape!"

Jason ran his half marathon in 1:46:37. Not bad considering he got stopped for 2 1/2 minutes by a train. Great course planning, huh. Over the railroad tracks- twice!

Here is Bryon, hot on Jason's heels. He got stopped by three trains!

Fun family times running. I have committed myself to practice running more often so I can finish in less than 30 minutes. That's a big goal for me!

1 comment:

Kady said...

23 minutes? That's awesome! Jason's time was great too! Kirt ran his 2nd half marathon this weekend in San Francisco and is already talking about it for next year. I'll join you for a 5K sometime!