We have been in our house for three years now. Hannah's room was adorable, bright and cheery. As our kids get older, we upgrade them from a twin to a queen size bed. Hannah is almost nine, and has been begging for a bigger bed.

Since a queen size bed= new bedding, I decided to paint her room different colors. Ones that will grow with her.

Base colors: brown, pink, an white

then- tape, tape, tape

Hannah and I were doing this project while the boys were at scout camp. This pic was taken around midnight. Things are always much more fun the later it is.

Who decided to put a beam around her walls? Oh, me.
Well, who decided to paint the two walls that had the beam above them? Oh, me.
Well then. Guess I can only blame myself for my kinked neck!

After I painted the white, I removed a piece of tape where the brown paint would be. Then I let it dry for two days. I taped over the white stripe so I could paint the brown.

Again with the dang beams! It got very tricky.

Hannah even pitched in and helped tape. After struggling with one piece for 5 minutes, she decided that taping wasn't fun.

Taylor came in and gave us some comic relief.

I sure missed these boys while they were gone to camp.

I think they missed us, too.

Finally, around 10 P.M., I was ready to paint the brown.

Brown covers really nicely and I decided I was only doing one coat instead of two.

I removed the tape, and tad-a!

Now, I will tea stain the stripes, and we'll be done. Furniture is ready for delivery. I will post the final product when it's done.
5 comments:
Incredible work Holly. It looks amazing. Can you come decorate my kids rooms when you're finished?
Looks like lots of hard work but it looks great!
Holy cow! That looks great!!!
I love the different thickness of the stripes. Great idea, love the colors!
Holly it turned out so good!! I love it!! What a lucky gal to have such cute kids, the picture of Taylor kissing Hannah is SO cute! (sorry if I got the boys mixed up...)
Post a Comment