So, I am giving up Coke, again! Jason hasn't drank any soda since January, and the boys gave it up in July to get ready for football. I am always back and forth with my Coca-Cola. I give it up for a few months, but soon, I'm back at the fountain filling up. It's easy for me to resist a can of coke, but not a fountain coke over the crushed "balls" of ice. Yummy! I was only drinking one 32 oz/ day, but that is a lot of calories AND it's bad for your teeth, AND it's tons of sugar, AND it bloats my belly (I am over 30!), AND I need to be a better example to my family, AND I'm trying to get in better shape, AND I always felt guilty ordering one when everyone else ordered water, AND when I whined that I finished the 5K in 42 minutes, Jason piped in and said, "It could have a lot to do with drinking coke." (as if dragging a six year old along had nothing to do with it) AND the caffeine isn't too swell for me either!
So, I know it makes sense to give it up, but sometimes a good Coke just hits the spot. I hope I can be strong!
12 comments:
But you're still going to have Root beer in your house right?
You are SO much stronger than I am!!! Giving up coke would be like losing my right arm. Next time you do that 5K leave Hannah with Jason. Then we'll see if it was really the Coke. GOOD LUCK!!!
Good for you Holly!! I know you can do it!! Once you get use to not having it then you probably won't even crave it anymore.
You're much better than me. Diet Coke is what keep me sane. It's my treat for the day. I look forward to having one. Can you say ADDICT!!! Yep, that's me. I admire you. You have so much will power. We'll I better go. The Diet Coke at Chevron is calling my name!!!
It's such a hard thing to do. Charley and I both have given it up, and it sucks because I love a good Diet Dr. Pepper. Yumm. So I know your pain. Let me know how it goes
Yay! I'm glad you found my blog! Yours is so cute! You have the cutest family! Hannah will always be my favorite "nursery kid". :)
Hey Holly its jenny i loved reading about wanting to kick your diet coke habit. It ain't easy! I have been off diet coke for almost 2 months now and i don't crave it like i used to. AMAZING huh? Your family blog is too cute!
Good luck. Let me know how it goes since I don't see myself giving that up anytime soon! I love to be with ya but I have two babies that still wake up in the night! I need my pick-me-up!
Oh look how cute your blog is!! What an adorable family you have.
Yah I went without pop for a while and then its like a drug... you do it once and then you are hooked again... so not fun!! Good luck!
Good luck! The family guilt is the worst! When Kirt decides to give it up, we're all in trouble!
Way to go! I need to do the same...maybe I will jump on the band wagon with you.
Those kinds of guilty pleasures are hard to give up completely, good luck! Maybe treat yourself just on Saturdays!
Post a Comment