Taylor ran today's race in 26:55.52! I am so proud of both boys! They each took 1st place in their age group!
I made Cayden pose for this pic, since I was NO WHERE NEAR him while the race was taking place! The things he does to keep Mom happy!
This is us at the starting line. (I obviously rolled out of bed and went.) It was a bit chilly before we started, but we quickly warmed up!
Hannah and I rolled over the finish line around 42 minutes. Hannah was hating the race for the first 1.5 miles, then she decided to sprint, run, sprint, run, sprint... you get the point. She wore me out QUICK! She actually crossed the finish line about 15 seconds before me. I am officially the family LOSER!
Before anyone leaves a comment about "how great/active/healthy we are," please note that I am writing this while eating an Almond Joy, and the two youngest are sprawled out in front of the TV with a pile of candy wrappers by their sides. Bottom line: we are all just trying to be a little bit better- one step at a time.
12 comments:
That's awesome. Tell the kids good job. And it's okay to treat yourselves afterwards. Both Charley and I ran a 5k in Sept. and afterwards we both had 2 donuts, so it's okay.
Loving your blog. I can't wait to get my own started. So much for spending time with my family after work.
Wow look at you guys go - I am very impressed!! That is so awesome you did it as a family and everyone finished - way to go!!
Way to go! That actually sounds like a lot of fun!
Oh! That that was probably fun. Good job!
WOW!!! That is awesome...
Way to Go Taylor and Cayden!
Thats awesome.
You guys are all so cute :o)
Oh my goodness!! I can't believe that Hannah ran the race too. I would probably die if I ran one mile. Great Job Williams Family!!!
You guys are awesome. What a great thing to do as a family. I'm so proud of your kids. They are great examples to my girls. I'm glad we have you in our life.
Way to go! Those times for the boys are very impressive! You deserve the Almond Joy! (So far, I've had a Baby Ruth for breakfast - I love the week after Halloween!)
Running in a 5K is a goal of mine, so you have definately motivated me!And you can still be healthy and enjoy some chocolate too! Way to go Williams' family!
This is adorable!! I've always wanted to run a 5k when I have a cute little family. I ran a few this summer by myself and sadly .. both your boys beat my times .. So funny! hopefully I'll do better next year!
Post a Comment