So, my sweet Dad ordered my Wicked tickets for me yesterday. I had to be in Hannah's class at 10:00 A.M. for reading groups, which happened to be the exact same time that the tickets went on sale online. I called my Dad to help me out:
"Order me four tickets. I don't want to sit too close (because it's hard to see everything that's happening on stage when you're too close), but not way off on a side either. Just get whatever time or date that is available (it isn't until April)."
I gave him my credit card number and went to the school. When I got done with Hannah's class, I called my Dad to make sure he was able to get online and get them.
"Yeah, I got you four. They were pricey little buggers."
"Oh? How much were they?"
This is the part of the story that gets crazy. He answered me by telling me the price. I thought it was the price for all four tickets, but NOPE! It was the price for ONE ticket! I nearly had to pull my car over when he told me what he had paid!
He felt so bad at my reaction. He thought that I knew the price already when I called him with all of the information to buy them. He didn't know that I had never actually checked the price!
Here's the thing. I know that I will enjoy the show, but Jason will not enjoy it for what it cost! I decided that I had to just hang up with my Dad and call Jason to tell them how much the tickets cost. He answered, I blurted out all of the information, then I said, "Now you know. Goodbye." before he could even say much. By the time he got home from work yesterday, he had digested all the information, and wasn't too mad.
Now, today, I have four tickets to the April 19 show (every show for the SLC performance was completely sold out by yesterday afternoon.. BTW), my husband knows the truth of what I spent for them, and I saw my cute friend, Jenny. She thinks that Kevin and her would be a perfect double-date couple for us. Sweet! Two tickets sold, and a fun couple to go with. What more could a girl want for Christmas.
So, Alexis, this is all I want for Christmas, because my husband might choke if I ask for anything else! :)
5 comments:
We tried to get tickets too. I guess I should have gone to Salt Lake and stood in line in the cold. The girls in our family are considering driving to L.A. (since gas is so cheep) to see the show. Have a great time and just think, by April you will have totally forgotten how much you spent on those tickets.
I am so totally jealous that you get to go. I wanted to go soooo bad. Have fun - and I'm glad Jason didn't kill you :)
I couldn't believe how much those tickets were! We looked into them for my mom for Christmas. I think we'll try to go here in LA when she's down. However - you will LOVE it. I recommend listening to the soundtrack beforehand. The songs are so fun and catchy - I remember wishing I knew the words when we went. Enjoy!
What is Wicked? I take it's some kind of musical. Fill me in when you can. Thank goodness for Dad and his computer skills and Jason's ability to "get over" the price shock. I hope you all have fun!!!
Hey! Did Hannah like her present that I gave her? Shes so funny when i gave it to her she said " thanks for the wrapping paper " then i said "ya but there's stuff in it!!!! shes so cute and funny!!!!!!!!!! OH, YA i hope wicked is fun!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment