So, my Mom and I have planned a trip to NYC April 6-10 (or right around there)! We are so excited! My mom has never been. As you can see from my header picture, Jason and I went once (2003) at christmas time. It was SOOO cold and Jason had a really bad cold/sore throat/sinus infection, so it wasn't very fun. (He snored all night- every night! And since we were in a hotel, I couldn't really go and sleep on the couch to get away from it!) The pic in our header has the Rockefeller tree in the background. There were so many people walking through the plaza and you're not aloud to even stop to take a pic. You are expected to take the pics as you're walking! They have police directing the pedestrians. We actually got yelled at while we took this! Ahh, the memories!
I decided that I wanted to go again, but with someone who would really enjoy what NYC has to offer: shopping, musicals, sites, and getting up at 5 am to stand in the plaza at the Today Show! I want to see Central Park in the spring! I did ask Jason if he wanted to go, but he quickly said NO! So, I asked my Mom if that was something she would want to do. She loved the idea! My Dad wouldn't really be physically able to ever take her. So- together- we will see and conquer!
Anyone and everyone is invited to tag along! I think the more the merrier... but you do have to pay for yourself. My job as a stay-at-home mom doesn't pay that well! :) Let me know if you're interested in coming so we can book hotel and flights together, along with any broadway shows that we may go to! New York... New York!!
P.S. This is a pic of the Statue of Liberty that I took while I was standing at her base. Cool, huh!
7 comments:
I would love to come along. I'll have to check with Mr. Mom and see what's happening at school that week but I will start saving my pennies now just in case. Weather I'm there or not I know you will have an amazing time. :)
New York would be so fun. My Uncle lives there and I hear the shopping is awesome. It would be a blast, I hope you have fun.
OOOOOhhhh, I want to go but, I'll be taking my finals. Maybe another year we, the Marietti girls, could all go somewhere together. I love you and hope that you both have soooooooooo much fun together!!!!
I want to go! I LOVE New York! I wonder if my boss' would let me off work.... :o)
I hope you guys have a great time. We LOVE New York and have promised to bring my mom along as our nanny next time we go. We've been twice in the past 2 years and Kirt is dying to get back. Have fun!
Great Blog Holly! It was fun to see your family. I hope you are doing well. We need to go on another vacation together sometime. I wish i could go to NY. I went twice. Once with brent and Rod and Ang and once with my friend Michelle. It's a great time. You are going to have a blast!
Post a Comment