Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Traditions

So, several years ago, I started our own family tradition. On Christmas Eve, instead of leaving cookies for Santa, we bake and decorate a birthday cake for Jesus (notice the "We heart Jesus" on the cake?). The kids LOVE it and it gives us a good opportunity to talk about the real meaning of why we celebrate Christmas. Our family enjoys it because it has taught the kids the Nativity story and we think that Santa likes getting something other than cookies at every house! :)

5 comments:

Bryon said...

I think Santa wants those cake cups you made for the B-Day party. And he wants you to have extra.

Ticey said...

What a great tradition!! Shane and I have been brainstorming about some ideas we want to start with Huttson for our family traditions!!

4evermyboys.... said...

Hey Holly,

I didn't know that you had a blog. How fun is that?! I "try" to do the blogging thing as well. I got on Jenny N. blog and saw her link to yours.

It was so good to see and talk with you the other day. FYI we are still in need of soccer subs if your available.

Carly :)

Kady said...

What a cute idea! I love it!

Rudloff Rascals said...

We will have to try your idea this year!!