Monday, January 5, 2009

The Plunge!

So, I really did it this time. I went and got myself a job! 

Now that Hannah is in school all day, I am finding myself a little bored all day- every day. I know that there is plenty of cleaning and organizing I could be doing, but it all gets a little old. I told Jason that after the holidays I was going to start peeking around for a one day a week job. He laughed!

On Friday, when we got home from skiing, there was a VM from my good friend Mandy with a job offer. No peeking around on my part required!

Mandy and I went to nursing school together. We followed each other from nursing school, to Davis Hospital (where she had worked as a CNA), to McKay Dee Hospital (where I went after I quit Davis and insisted she come too!), and now to Mountain Medical Imaging Center.

Right before I quit with Dr Clyde, the imaging center in the same building where I worked was looking to hire a registered nurse full time to assist the doctors with injections. They knew that I was quitting to stay at home but asked if I had any suggestions for a great nurse. I called Mandy and she's been working there ever since! Well, she works four 10's and they were looking for an RN to work on Monday's, her day off. I went for the job interview this morning and GOT THE JOB!

I am a little nervous since I haven't worked in 2 1/2 years and haven't started an IV since 2003, but hopefully it's all like riding a bike! :) Mandy is a big sweetie and offered to let me start an IV on her. No thanks! We did that in nursing school on each other! I'll let my first stick in 5 years be on some unsuspecting soul! :)

So, I am excited to work just one day per week, no weekends/nights/holidays, and still be home by 4:00. I think this will be great for my psyche (you know- the whole "way to go" and "good job" thing) and it will keep me from having to do the online courses to keep my nursing license! My kids seem pretty excited for me. Sometimes when Moms have a little get away, it's good for the whole family!


8 comments:

Bryon said...

Congrats on the job. Get some Greek Food for me for lunch one time, and Einsteins, and Bajio and that one place with the french fries.

Chris and Kerri said...

Holly, I am so excited for you! I remember you saying that you wanted a job and this sounds like a perfect job for you. I am so happy for you!

*Mary* said...

I totally know what you're saying. It's so nice to be able to get out once a week and socialize with some adults. That's why I do what I do once a week, it's so nice. Congrats!

Sierra said...

Way to go! I am very excited for you. You will love it!

Kady said...

Sounds fun! I'm a little jealous. Working, just a little bit sounds like a nice break.

Smurfette70 said...

That is great! It sounds like the perfect opprotunity for you. You must be living right.

Ian&Tausha said...

Congrats Holly thats awesome!
good luck :o)

Rudloff Rascals said...

YEAH!!! Being a stay at home Mom is so important for the kids and for you. But, it is nice to know that you are not only Taylor, Cayden and Hannah's Mom or Jason's Wife. It is nice to be just Holly.