"We're flying first class, up in the sky."
How's that for a 6:00 am flight!
The flight attendant told me if I looked hard enough, I could see Chicago. Do you see it? Me either.
Rockerfeller Center. Finally in NYC! Yes, they are still ice skating in April.
Does that give you a clue to how cold it was there?
Radio City Music Hall. Fabulous. Too bad we didn't see any Rockettes.
Subway ride in NYC. We missed our transfer at the canal street stop (because we didn't know we were supposed to get off), and rode the subway into Brooklyn. This trip was all about the firsts.
Macy's was having a huge flower festival. That's one of about 10 flamingos they had made out of flowers. The store is nine stories and a full city block wide. We spent a little too much time and money there. :)
This Abercrombie model kept insisting on getting his picture with me. I hate to be someone's pin up girl, but he was just soo insistant!
Truth be told... My Mom INSISTED I get my pic with him, but wouldn't get one herself. Nerd!
This is us anxiously arriving at Battery Park at 11:30 to ride the ferry to Liberty and Ellis Island
This is us at 2:15. STILL on the dock, waiting in line to board the ferry. We ended up getting on the ferry so late, that we had to choose which of the two islands to visit because there wasn't time to visit both with the ferry schedule. LOSERS! After standing in line for nearly 3 hours, we should have been entitled to visit BOTH islands!
This is the island we chose to get off at! You can't visit NYC without visiting Lady Liberty.
All that my nephew Carter wanted Grandma to bring back to him from NYC was a picture of the Statue of Liberty. Hope he doesn't mind that we are in it!
Ground Zero. They are rebuilding. It was hard to really get a good look inside the fences.
Central Park. Pretty!
NBC studios backstage tour. Always interesting.
Central Park from the top of 30 Rock. It was a wee bit stormy that day. If anyone ever goes to NYC, go to the top of 30 Rock verses the Empire State Building. You get the same beautiful view, but stand in line for about 1/5 the amount of time.
If you really squint, you can see the Statue of Liberty in the distance. Had we only gone to the top of 30 Rock the day before, we would have had a clear view. Oh well.
See the Empire State Building behind us. You couldn't get that type of photo op if you were ON the Empire State Bldg!
Time Square and Broadway. We saw: The Jersey Boys, Guys and Dolls,
9 comments:
Looks like you had way fun! I love NYC!!
Your pics have brought back a ton of memories....NYC Rocks!!! It looks like you guys had an awesome time!!!
Looks way fun. Never been, but i hope to go some day! Your mom looks great too!
Looks like you guys had so much fun!
Im not jealous at all!...haha :o)
Looks like so much fun! Statue of Liberty is something that you have to do at least once, but next time you won't have to waste three hours of your trip standing in line because you already have seen it! (You can stand in line for 3 hrs to see something else!) :)
It looks like you had tons of fun! Glad you're back though!
Hey, looks like you guys had fun! I wanna go there!
Hey Hol,
It looks like you guys had a blast! I loved NYC when I went a few years ago! Your mom looks great as always! Sorry I haven't updated my blog much lately I have been soooo busy! I just got home from Rome with Beau (My boyfriend) haha you dork! I am so freaking suprised you have never met him, go figure huh! He is from Layton and we have dated for 4 years now, maybe when I get home I will bring him over or something haha! I will update my blog next week, hope all is well! I am glad you had a great time in NYC
WOW it looks like soooo much fun!! Mom and you look so happy. I hope that shopping on Canal street was fun and not too scary.
Post a Comment