This week, Taylor ran for Seventh Grade Officer for Walquist Jr High. There are three elementary schools that feed into the Jr High. They allow two students from each school to be elected into office. The students gave speeches on Wednesday, voted on Thursday, and found out today, Friday, who won.
There were 10 sixth grade students that ran for seventh grade officer. Jason and I went and watched the speeches. Every one of them did such a great job. I knew that the students had a tough choice to make after hearing all of the speeches.
Well, the results were announced today, and.....
He WON!!
Taylor called me from his teacher's cell phone to tell me. His voice didn't sound super excited. When I asked him what was up, he said he felt bad because a couple of the girls who were running for office started to cry when they found out they didn't win. He feels so sorry for them and is worried about how they are feeling. Taylor has such a sincere, caring, responsible personality. I love him so much.
Jason and I are so proud of him. He is really excited to go to Jr High next year. This just makes it all that more exciting for him.
6 comments:
Congrats taylor did awesome i am so glad he made it he will be really good as officer next year...
Congrats, Taylor!!! I can't believe he will be in Jr. High next year!
Good Job Taylor!
He did such a good job, and i CANT believe he'll be in Jr High already...weird!
What a creative speech! I loved it! Congrats Taylor!! You will have a great time at Junior High!
That's awesome. Tell him Congrats!
WOW!! That was excellent. I know that one day Taylor could be president. He has a great heart and really cares about others. I don't think that anyone would have been a better choice then him. Congrats Taylor!!! We are so proud of you!!!
Post a Comment