Monday, April 6, 2009

Start Spreading the News. We're leavin' tomorrow

My Mom and I leave for NYC in the morning. Both of us are exited but anxious at the same time.  A fun vacation is definitely in order! We have tickets to see Jersey Boys on Wednesday. That is the only official thing we planned. I bought us the Grey Line Tour two day package. Jason and I did this when we went. It's a bus with a host that tells you everything you are looking at. They make stops throughout the tour for people to get off or to get on board. If you choose to hop off at a stop, no worries. Another bus will be by in about 15 min. This was super informative to me and an easy way of transportation throughout the city: uptown, downtown, time square. It gave us a good idea of where we wanted to spend our time. 

My Mom has never been to NYC, and I have only been once, and it was so cold that it was hard to fully enjoy it. Hopefully we will have a blast.

Jason is going to be Mr Mom to the kids and the dogs while we are gone. This is a big task for him. I think he takes for granted how many hours I spend doing laundry and homework in one week. Bummer part for me is he will only have the kids in school for three days because of spring break. You know their homework load wont be near what it normally is! Darn!

6 comments:

Russell Fam said...

Holly, Thanks for your comment on my blog the other day. Your family is so beautiful. I hope you and your Mom have a blast in New York. You both deserve it!!

*Mary* said...

Enjoy it! I am so jealous. My uncle lived there for years and I never made it back to see him before is moved to Paris. Now I guess I need to go there. Take a ton of pictures so that we can all see them.

Shari said...

NYC? Sounds like fun. Wish I were going along :-) Have a great time & be safe!

Angie said...

Have fun, I'll miss you. By the way, thanks for the delicious dessert you made for me the other day! It was heaven!

Mom said...

Hey Holly,

Have a great time in New York and I know your Dad wanted you guys to have fun! Mo and I went a few years ago and absolutely loved it and that will be neat to share the experience with your Mom in good weather! Be sure to shop some for us! We just got back from meeting Morgan in Paris, London and Germany. We are so exhausted but it was awesome to see her!

4evermyboys.... said...

Hey Holly,

NYC is AWESOME!! I went there just last April. Try "The Top of the Rock"....or the Staten Island Ferry. You could maybe get stand by tickets for Regis and Kelly(thats was fun)....maybe even Letterman. You can also get discount tickets for a Broadway Show the day of. Like 75% off....HAVE FUN!!! Take lots of pic :)