Monday, April 20, 2009

Jason never fails to amaze

I have failed to post one of the most exciting things that happened to me last week! I flew home from NYC on Sunday: Easter, April 12, my birthday! Driving home from the airport, I had this huge lump in my throat. I knew that if my Dad were still alive, he'd have a big ham dinner waiting for my Mom and I when we got home. It made me sad to think that my easter/birthday dinner would probably be a bowl of cereal.

Well, when I opened the door to the house, the wonderful smells of chicken and shrimp jambalaya filled my nostrils! And I PROMISE, the food looked just like this picture! Jason had found a recipe online, went to the store and bought all of the ingredients, and made it all from scratch! It was so delicious! This from a man whose culinary displays thus far have been noodles with V8 juice. I was so impressed!

He also had gone to Olive Garden and bought an entire lemon cake (my favorite)! I came home to all of this plus: gifts, a clean house, smiling children, and empty laundry baskets! What more could a girl want for her birthday!

I love you, Jas! Thanks for everything you do for me and our family!

4 comments:

*Mary* said...

Happy Birthday last week. It's funny that we went from making noodles with V8 juice to that. Way to go! I'm impressed.

Angie said...

He is amazing! What a sweetie. By the way, happy late birthday!!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

What a great hubby! Hey thank you so much again for the darling outfits you got for Charli, it was way too much though! You are too sweet. You will have to come by again and you and Hannah can hold her!

Rudloff Rascals said...

YUMMY!! I need that recipe because in our house Jason can cook and I do the noodles with V8. I love the Lemon cake from Olive Garden too!! But I usually have to fight the kids for it. That was very nice of Jason to have that all ready you are sooooo lucky.