
One of my favorite memories as a kid was playing in the snow one night with Kady Arnold. It was warm, the snow was deep, and it seemed so bright outside.
Last night while I was plowing, I realized that the setting was the same as my childhood. Perfect playing weather!
I came inside, pulled the kids out of bed, and told them to throw on their snow clothes. Surprisingly, since two of them were already asleep, there were no objections.
We started with a snowman, but since I have two boys and one tomboy girl, we had to make a snow fort. So, we attached it to the snowman.
The snow was PERFECT packing snow last night at 10 PM. The balls of snow got huge. They were too heavy to lift. I know if Jason was home, our snowman would have been giant.

The boys think that Hannah looks like Big Foot in this picture.
She said to me, "Take a picture of me falling."
Umm, okay.
Burying their heads in the snow. Why? Who knows. But, I think that would be major brain freeze.
The first and only serious pose on the snow bank. For some reason, my kids think these types of pics are boring. They'd rather be silly in EVERY picture. Examples below.
Hannah thinks this is a dumb pic because she doesn't look any different. True. She does still look like a girl. But the boys.... Too Funny!
Acting cold. Taylor's face cracks me up. I laughed at this pic for a good solid minute. What a nerd!
My best reward for staying out until 11 when I had to get up at 5 was when Hannah said to me, "That was so much fun last night!"
I hope I helped create a good, lasting memory for my kids like the one I have from my childhood.
P.S. In case you were wondering, Yes. The kids were late for school this morning! :)


5 comments:
That is so fun!! I love that you pulled them out of bed :) I bet they will remember that forever!!
How fun is that?? They will remember that forever!!!
Fun!!! You're a great mom, Holly. You'll never forget that memory!!!
We had fun didn't we? You are a such a fun mom. I love it!
Post a Comment