Because? Because? Because?
Of all of the wonderful things he does?
I like to think I'm the glue that keeps this family together.
The oil that keeps all moving parts in working order.
The big boss.
That is until today, when I realized that I hate it when he's out of town. He is the one who brings humor into our day to day activities. He's the one who thinks outside the box when the kids need to do a school project. He is the one who brings fun to the boring tasks that have to be done.
I'm the drill sergeant. I'm the one who makes sure everything gets done perfectly. I get so sidetracked with the details, that I forget to have fun, too. I run a tight ship. The kids know the schedule. They always have their homework in on time (usually early). I proofread/double check/edit anything and everything. The kids always come to me first with questions or concerns, but when it comes time to pick who they want to ride with, if we have to drive separately, they all fight to ride with Dad.
It hurts my feelings a bit, but I also realize that me and Jason each have qualities that make our family function.
So, I want everyone to know how much I love Jason. I'd like to gush my loving devotion to the father of my three children and the prince of my happily ever after!
POST EDIT:
This is what the kids and I did to Jason's truck for St Patricks Day.
Each clover tells him why we are so lucky to have him. Plus, a little sweet treat!
This is a picture of what comes home after every Wahlquist home game. Every week is a different pattern. He wears this around school for half the day! He's just like his Daddy!
3 comments:
What a cute post. I love that you decorated Jason's truck. What a fun idea. I love doing stuff like that for Chris too! I think Jason is a great boss! :o)
That is such a cute thing you guys did for Jason! You guys have such an awesome family, your kids have it good!
Super cute post! I love how well you guys compliment eachother! Can you teach me the tight ship thing? That would sure be handy at times, and I would LOVE to be as organized as you are too, those are all great qualities to have! :)
Post a Comment