There are a few perks to Jason's need to be licensed in eight states: Business trips that occasionally include me!
Jason had to take a Business and Law test in Oregon this week, and I got to go with him.
I was so happy when we landed and I saw that spring had sprung in Oregon. The roads are lined with "wild" daffodils and all the cherry trees are blossomed.
We flew in to Portland on Tuesday morning and Jason took his test a 2:00. He of course passed with flying colors, so the rest of the trip was for fun!
We hit the road Wednesday morning, bright and early. The beach is about a two hour drive from Portland.
This is the restroom option when your driving the coast. Just keep in mind- if your planning a trip to the Oregon coast- Hand Sanitizer!

We decided to walk to the "Cape Outlook." I obviously wasn't planning on any type of hiking. Do you like the wedge heels and the mud? Great combo, huh. But hey, I'm a good sport!
This is one view from our TWO mile- each way- hike. Isn't it beautiful!
Since no one was there to take a pic for us, I had to do it myself, all while kissing my cutie!
Did I mention that I wore the wrong shoes?

We stopped at this lighthouse. The views are truly breath taking!
We continued our drive in to the town of Tillamook, as in Tillamook Cheese! We had a cheeseburger, yum!
See this crazy semi driver in my rear view mirror. He was chasing us (just me being drama). It was a bit frightening! We were going 10 mph over the speed limit, and he was still on our bumper. I kept thinking of the movie where the truck driver says, "Candycane."
Oh, and see this man pumping our gas? Did you know that it is against the law in OR to pump your own gas? It is also illegal to "top off" your gas tank. It was weird but nice to have someone else pump the gas. He even washed our windshield, though it was raining at the time. I'm not sure if we were supposed to tip or not. He didn't linger like we were supposed to, but who knows.
We had a great trip to Portland and the Oregon coast. In all, we put 400 miles on our rental car. Fun and beautiful!
3 comments:
You are so on the ball! Just barely home and already a post! I want to take that trip so badly. It looks so beautiful. Thanks for the tips about shoes and hand sanitizer!
Oh yeah, way to go Jason. Check Oregon off the list. Pretty soon he'll be able to do work anywhere in the lower 48!
I am so jealous! I LOVE it up there- We took a road trip to Seattle, B.C, and then all the way down the Oregon coast to the redwoods- highly recommend- best trip ever!!I am glad you had so much fun!!
Post a Comment