Hee, Hee, Hee! Some of you might wonder why I am posting a pic of my laundry room. I posted this pic because of what's NOT in my laundry room: Laundry! I finished every last piece of laundry, including: washing, folding, ironing, and putting it away! This is a rare day and I am giving myself a pat on the back! I would treat myself to a coke, but we all know that's not going to happen!Since I quit my job as an RN, "way to go" and "job well done" are things rarely heard anymore. My great accomplishments are no longer saving a life, being known for getting "hard stick" IVs started, or making quick clinical decisions. No... my great accomplishments are small unseen things: Getting all the laundry done and put away; Cooking dinner for eight straight nights (I think that's a record for us); Seeing that light bulb come on in Taylor's eyes when he understands the way I am explaining his Math to him; Having Hannah READ out loud to me every word in a book without any help; Listening to Cayden tell me that there are nine Supreme Court Judges and that they serve until they die (smart, isn't he!). And all of this happened in just one day!
No, I don't get the "that-a-girl" anymore, but I do get to be home when the kids wake up in the morning, come home from school, and go to sleep at night. I love my hubby for making it possible for me to be a stay-at-home Mom! That's a pat on the back for him!
11 comments:
I love it when I get my laundry done. I always get stalled on the ironing (not irony). That usually takes the longest to get my motivation up for. At least it is the winter and I can just steam a sweater.
I love your laundry room!
And thats awesome that you enjoy being a stay at home mom so much:o)
You have a beautiful laundry room - I love it. PS I want to come walk through your house one day - I bet it is just gorgeous!! I agree that being a stay at home mom is the greatest thing ever!!
WOW! That is so awesome considering that you have three kids and a husband to do laundry for! Way to go! If you don't have any laundry to do, I could use a little help with mine...
Laundry stinks. Way to go Holly. What a great feeling to have it all done. I seldom have that feeling but it have happened a few times at my house. Enjoy it while it lasts. Yeah!!!
Hi Holly! I found your blog and I am in awe of your gorgeous family!! You are the best Mom:). Great job on the laundry...you have motivated me to do better. I'm adding you to our blog list :).
Love Betsey
Pat, Pat. Those Coke withdrawls must be a good thing for you!! I wish I could say all of me laundry was done but, I can't. I know that you have wanted to stay home with the kids for a long time. It's a great feeling knowing that you are there when they need you and even when they don't. Your a great Mom, Aunt and Sister. Keep up the good work!!
Love the post! As moms we should all be better at patting ourselves and each other on the back! Way to go!
Thanks for the post Holly! I loved ooking at your blog! Your kids are so cute! My husband has been wanting me to run with him. You may have just motivated me.
I know this is cheesy, but your blog made my day! I forget how important all those little things are. I am going to focus on being grateful to be home! Thanks Holly!
I wish that my laundry room looked like that. I swear, as soon as I have it all put away, there's another batch to be folded or washed. I hate laundry!! As soon as someone comes up with a fun way to do it let me know:)
Post a Comment