Monday, January 25, 2010

Iceberg Ahead!


Funny, quick story that I want to blog about:

I pulled into the Broadbent's driveway this morning to give Ellie a ride to the bus. I was in my own bus, the suburban, and backed out a little bit faster than I should have. I slammed in to- and drove over the snow bank at the entrance of their driveway.

Of course, the suburban bounced up and down like crazy! I was praying that the kids wouldn't notice because this is the type of event I don't like them relaying to Jason.

Suddenly, I heard Cayden yell out, "Iceberg ahead!" in an english accent.

He noticed.

I laughed so hard.

He's funny!

5 comments:

Sierra said...

That is so funny! Sounds like something I would do!

Angie said...

I usually tell the kids that they imagined it. Like when I slammed my mirror against the side of the garage and Harry said you hit the garage, I quickly told him that I did not do that and to just forget that he imagined that. Hahaha. Good times. Do you know what I'm saying?

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! It sounds like something that Cayden would say! I can picture the whole experience and hear his English accent in my head! Thanks for sharing!

Jeff and Susan said...

Kids always tell the truth if it is something we did!! Love it.

The Smith crew said...

I feel so guilty when I say to my kids-"Don't tell your dad about this!" cuz I feel like I'm hiding something. But seriously he doesn't need to know everything!