
My brother, Ian, leaves for Iraq tonight. This will be his second tour in as many years. He is in the Air Force and will be stationed on the base in Balad. He is proud to serve our country and believes in Operation Iraqi Freedom. No matter what your views are on the war, I hope that all of us can remember our military men and women, along with their families, in our prayers. I know how hard it is on my sister-in-law, Tausha, when Ian is over there. Not just because her responsibilities at home double, but because of how much she worries about and misses Ian. This tour will be especially hard on their sweet family because he will miss all the upcoming holidays.
I am so proud of Ian and the great man he has become. Good Luck, Ian. Email often, and bring me back a T-shirt!
1 comment:
Thank You Holly, I was just sitting here missing him (already, even though we just dropped him off 2 hours ago..) And I read this and it just really helps to remember that other people are missing him as much as we are and that your thinking of us.
:o)
Thank You.
Post a Comment