Jason was trying to help me get everyone out the door for church on Sunday. I was running late (what a surprise) so Jason went in to do Hannah's hair. He dried it nice and straight. Hannah came in my bathroom and showed me. Now, I know that Jason knows how to use the curling iron because he has helped me with her hair in the past, so I didn't think it would be a big deal for him when I said to Hannah, "I plugged your curling iron in, so have Dad curl your hair with a flip." Off she skipped, back to her bathroom, to relay the message.
Soon, it was 12:58 and we were going to be late to sacrament--Again! I had grabbed my shoes and went to run out the door when something stopped me dead in my tracks. Apparently, no one (meaning... me) had showed Jason how to hold the curling iron when you are curling it up to make a flip. It didn't surprise me that he didn't know to reverse the curling iron, but it did surprise me that he curled her entire head that way! Believe me when I say that these pictures don't show the half of it! On every curl was a large straight kink! When I asked him if he thought it looked right, he told me, "Well, no, but Hannah said that's how you do it!" Wow! I started to laugh so hard! Luckily, so did he and I just gave him a big hug! I hurried and put her hair into a bun and we went to church.
Hannah announced in sharing time, "My Dad did my hair today and it didn't turn out so well." This made many of the teachers laugh (moms who appreciate a Daddy's help). It is just one of those funny family experiences that we will laugh about for many, many years to come.
5 comments:
Bless Jason's heart. I'm laughing so hard right now I'm crying. Good for you for stopping to take a picture. You have to give him credit for trying. Way to go Jason.
I am laughing so hard...
For a guy, that's pretty good
Wow, Thats so funny.
Nice try Jason :o)
That is the funniest story! I give him credit for even trying. I think that I will ask Jason to teach Travis how to style our girls hair. Heaven knows I will need some help sometimes!
Post a Comment