Friday, October 24, 2008

Not so Haunted!


Every year, Taylor likes to do something for Halloween with his friends. In the past, I have taken them to the Haunted Hollow. Since they are still kind of young, it took both me and Jason- with the boys GLUED to us-- to get them through the path. This year, Cayden just fessed up that he is too big of a wimp to go to the Haunted Hollow. So, not wanting to leave him out, we figured out a different spot to try. I took the kids to Black Island Farms  in Syracuse. A friend of mine had a link to it on her blog and it looked FUN! The maze is supposed to be filled with spooks! It took some convincing, but Cayden even agreed to come. When we got there, we sadly found out that the maze is only haunted Thur- Sat night. Bummer! I offered to take them back to the Haunted Hollow, but they said NO. I think I saw a wave of relief on several of their faces, though they would NEVER admit it.

They stayed and got lost in the large, pitch black corn maze and had fun going down the many, many slides that are set up. Overall, I think it was a good night. However, it was voted that I didn't get to go through the maze with the boys. I'm no longer "The Cool Mom." Hannah and I hung out at the giant pumpkin bouncing house and the "kiddie corn maze." I'm sort of sad that this day has arrived!

3 comments:

Kady said...

I'm so glad you found us! I love that we can all see what each others families are up to! We're going to have to try that pool out next summer! I can't believe how big your kids are! So cute!

*Mary* said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. I've been wanting Charley to take me to the Haunted Hollow, but he wont. Tell Cayden that he's not the only one that's afraid. Tell him that a 28 almost 29 year old is afraid too.

Rudloff Rascals said...

I read this post to my kids. They got upset when you said that you weren't the "Cool Mom" anymore. Joseph said that you are the "coolest mom ever." So I guess it's really me that's not the "Cool Mom" anymore. LOL